Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 3 topics

asm283 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "John Martin"
Hi John How are you enjoying your new boat. I read in Crusaders web
site that Ian had found a device that was connected in line with the
sea water intake for the toilet. This device let out a steady stream
of blue liquid whenever the toilet is flushed. Ian if you read this
maybe you can give us some info on what it was. The sea water can
smell pretty bad if you leave the boat for any lenght of time. What I
did on my boat if I knew I was not going to be there for a few weeks
is. I would open the raw water strainer and pour in a little blue
liquid,the same as you would pour in your holding tank,. I then would
pump the heads untill the blue stuff came trough. This worked well as
the blue liquid mixed with the water killed any organisims in the
salt water and stopped the smell. The other alternative is to use the
heads on a regular basis.

Vito Ciaravino

<jjmartin24@h...> wrote:
Dear Jean
Thanks very much for the prompt reply. Regarding your first point,
yest my plan was to Tee into the fresh water before it gets to the
pump that pressurizes the fresh water system. So it would seem to me
this would not put pressure on the toilet system, it should be the
same as the salt water input from the sea chest. You also have a
good point about toilet water backing into the fresh water tank. If
I installed a check valve (a valve that only lets water flow in one
direction) at the Tee, many feet away from the toilets, wouldn't
this take care of the toilet water backing into the fresh water tank ?
Thanks again
John Martin
SM 248 "Moon Dog"