Re: Deck Repairs to Amel Mango

Kaplan,Andre

Charles
I have a 1988 Mango and I would be very interested in your experience with resurfacing the deck. Any info you have would be appreciated
BR
Andre Kaplan
kaplan@...
Renaissance 2000
Mango 71 88

On Nov 12, 2019, at 4:53 PM, Charles Bell via Groups.Io <shipbldr2000@...> wrote:

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***
Hello Ian,

We are resurfacing the decks of Mango #29 right now.

We sanded off the loose "molded-teak" and have sealed with a 2-part high-build sealant. Then we will top with some sort of a surface treatment / non-slip.

The contractor we are using has done several boats with the same technique.

I will dig up more information about the steps and materials we are using. Feel free to reach out to me if I don't get back to you quickly enough.

Charles