Re: SSB Ground

Daniel Frey

Edited

On my boat 90% of Electric and electronic Problems are Connection Problems. This also applies to the SSB radio installation. I would check all the connections from start to end for corrosion and weak contacts.

And remember: the antenna starts with the wire from the tuner to the whip antenna (or isolated stag): no contact or approximity to other wires.

If not done already, check the SWR (stand wave ratio) of Your installation with an appropriate device. It gives you a hint of how much of the radios Energy that should go out is reflected.

If Nothing helps, open the tuner and check whether everything is ok or there are signs of Burning.