Re: SSB Ground

Heinz,

I believe most of that area in an SM is a false floor that is glassed in above the actual hull.

Bill
--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 2:00 PM heinz@... <heinz@...> wrote:
I was suggested by an expert to line the entire floor of the stern locker with copper foil and then solder it to the ground of the antenna

Fair Winds HEINZ
Quetzal, Sm 2000, 292

Am 30.01.2020 um 20:06 schrieb Daniel Frey <Daniel.m.frey@...>:

[Edited Message Follows]

On my boat 90% of Electric and electronic Problems are Connection Problems. This also applies to the SSB radio installation. I would check all the connections from start to end for corrosion and weak contacts.

And remember: the antenna starts with the wire from the tuner to the whip antenna (or isolated stag): no contact or approximity to other wires.

If not done already, check the SWR (stand wave ratio) of Your installation with an appropriate device. It gives you a hint of how much of the radios Energy that should go out is reflected.