Re: Santorin C Drive leaks

Arnold Mente

Hallo Volker,

attached you will find the manual and drawing for the C-Drive!!
The oil is the same as for engine 15/40!!
You must lift out for repair the seal.

Best

Arnold
SY Zephyr
SM 203

Am 01.02.2020 um 11:46 schrieb Volker Hasenauer <volker.hasenauer@...>:

Dear Amel Owners,

I bought my Santorin (027) 3 month ago and getting her ready for the first move - from the port I bought her to my home port in Langkawi/Malaysia. Its a trip of approx 1200 Nm - but round Singapore where authorities are very particular.

I checked many systems already and mostly they are in working order, however the C Drive reservoir has signs of water in it,so its obvious that the seal on the shaft has not doing well.

I have 2 questions at the moment:

1. what oil is needed for the C Drive - I presume ATF?
2. any idea to reduce the water/oil mix and top it up with clean oil? - there is NO possibility to haul out the boat where she is and I need to move her in this condition..... l hope the wind is with me and I do not need to run the engine too much...but there is a big chance that my luck is not always with me....

Any suggestions are most welcome!

Volker
Aquamarine/Amel Santorin (027)
currently Borneo/Malaysia