Re: SSB Ground

Herbert Lackner

Alan,  good video! thx.

SSB installation and troubleshooting is sometimes tricky. I made my engineer's degree in electronics and telecommunication and are an active HAM radio user since many years, but - even beeing a kind of professional in this area - it took me some time to get my installation working fine. There are quite a few factors that might influence transmitting, also outside the active HF elements (e.g. compressor of the fridge...:-) ).

most important - imho - , if the ground is ok, are "connections", good soldering at the connectors and the right cables, and understanding that the antenna starts at the tuner :-)

fair winds, herbert, SN120, OE3HLA