Re: SSB Ground

Daniel Frey

Edited

Is your Icom 802 connected to the grounding (the dynaplates), too? If yes, disconnect it, as it may create electronic loops. The experts say, only the tuner should be connected to the grounding,

On my boat (Santorin) AMEL preinstalled a grounding wire for the radio at the navigation table to the tuner in the lazarett for the grounding of the transceiver (the radio). At the beginning I was using this wire to ground my Icom 801. But the experts recommend to not to ground the transceiver. So, I disconnected it. Now, only the tuner in the lazarett is connected to the dynaplates.

More infos:
https://www.svb24.com/en/guide/ssb-marine-radio.html

http://www.sailcom.co.uk/m802/