Re: Insurance in Europe

Matt Salatino

I think the topic of insurance is a constantly changing beast, and needs to be reviewed, periodically. Very interesting comments from the group!

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Feb 3, 2020, at 5:15 AM, Michael & Robyn <SY_RIPPLE@...> wrote:

Hi Mark,

we had been with Pantaenius US since 2016 but had to change for the same reasons Mark & Debbie from Brassring described.
Pantaenius US only offered Geico as underwriter.
We looked into Boat US / Geico and Yachtinsure but their policy is NOT an "all risk". There was als a requirement for a US address for a foreign (none US) flagged vessel.
We decided to go with Y Yacht Insurance originally in the UK but for Brexit they opened up a European office in France.
Hurricane season is 1st June to 1st November and we have to be north of 36°N, e.g.: Chesapeake.
Their policy is readable and one can understand it without a degree in law science.
--
Michael & Robyn

SY RIPPLE SM2K # 417