Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello Carina,

Since I changed my fridge cooling to brushless and VESC CONTROLLER we had no pump breakdowns anymore. Now we use it in tropical conditions in the Caribbean and its still working fine.
You will need some kind of setup to switch the Motor on and of.
I use a microcontroller instead of the original Thermostat that regulates also the temperature control of fridge and freezer.
If u need help let me know
I am interested how you get on.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54
Martinique

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020, 04:34 CARINA HAMMARLUND <syultimo@...> wrote:
Thank you Olivier for sharing this info!
We have had lots of problems with the pumps during our 4 year sail in Pacific. Never lasting longer than 5-6 months, sometimes even shorter.

We just ordered the scooter motor and will try your set up!
--
Carina
SV Ultimo