Re: Bow thruster service SPECIAL TOOL

Patrick McAneny

Stefania, My boat did not have the tool, and I was going to make one ,when another owner for some reason had two and gave me one. I think the tool would be very easy to fabricate ,keep in mind that it does not need to be made from wood & metal or resemble the tool , however a bit of a cone shape would ease it into the hole in the hull. If there is another Amel nearby , borrow it to get your dimension and fabricate one . 
Good Luck,
Pat
SM#123

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Feb 4, 2020 5:05 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster service SPECIAL TOOL

Thanks for the immediate response. I wrote to AMEL Mediterranee last spring; the response was that this tool was no more available and I thought that was definitely so. May be I try again with AMEL France.

Stefania Dente
S/Y Euploia SN#93
Italy

Il giorno 4 feb 2020, alle ore 19:01, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> ha scritto:

One of my clients told me that he bought the tool from SAV"at"Amel.fr within the last 60 days.

Have you actually written Amel? If so, what was their response?

-- 
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 11:10 AM ste.dente <ste.dente@...> wrote:
Dear Amelians,
I just wrote one or two times before now, but I religiously read all your very interesting interventions. 
My husband and I are preparing our Santorin for the Atlantic crossing in November. I asked Amel Mediterranee about the possibility to buy the “tool” you are talking about , but it seems it isn’t available anymore. 
Do you think that it could be possible to let it made by someone (carpenter or someone like this)? 
How can I have the sizes of the tool?
May be someone of you has a tool to sell?
Any suggestion should be very appreciated 

Stefania Dente 
SN 93 Euploia
Bocca di Magra (Italy)

Il giorno 4 feb 2020, alle ore 17:44, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster=rocketmail.com@groups.io> ha scritto:

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 04:10:20 PM UTC, heinz@... <heinz@...> wrote:

Go to.   Nikimat.com. Alexander did make a very good side with fotos. 
Fair Winds 
HEINZ 
SY quetzal sm2000, 292

Am 04.02.2020 um 15:02 schrieb Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...>:

Hi, I just prepared erverything to service the bowthruster on my SN. Now I have connected the special tool to lower it in the water but....
how do I secure the special tool???
I only have the tool but not bolts etc.
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.