Re: Reefing and sail-handling on conventionally rigged Maramu, versus electric furling?

Paul Villinski

David, thank you for telling me about your set-up on Air Ops, which sounds like a very good alternative to the Amel motorized, in-mast furling. My understanding is that in-boom furling allows the sail to have some roach, which isn't possible with in-mast furling, as well as battens. I am guessing there is a not insignificant improvement in performance with this arrangement? I've also been fortunate to hear from another owner of a conventionally rigged Maramu via email, and his experience has been nothing but positive -- he makes the case for the simplicity and reliability of the standard rig.