From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sv Garulfo
Sent: 05 February 2020 15:27
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Gas struts for windscreens

Hello,

We got ours from alrose UK. We chose slightly different dimensions because they were off the shelf ones, thus better lead time and price.

Happy with the results; hopefully they’ll last 10 years (wishful thinking).

product code : 08S18S0100024500

Stainless Steel Polished Compression Gas Spring with Eye Joints

About £55 each

Hope that helps

Thomas

GARULFO

A54-122

Nuku Hiva, Marquesas, French Polynesia

On 3 Feb 2020, at 08:25, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi paul I bought mine from Defender Marine

If you want to replace them because they’re stuck and closed soap them in a bottle of Coca-Cola for 24 hours then hold them and hit the moving in on top with a hammer and it should come free after a couple of hard blows

On Feb 3, 2020, at 1:03 PM, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me where in the USA I can order replacement gas struts for the Amel 54 windscreens. I was about to go with a company called Ace Controls but it turned out there is an 8 week lead time for the stainless version.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--