We will sail up and down the islands and stay along the Westindies with our base on Martinique for this season.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54 #39
Martinique

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020, 10:50 Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Hi Oliver,

We met in Culatra. Welcome to the Caribbean! How long to you plan to stay in Martinique?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica
Sent: 05 February 2020 07:24
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] A54 fridge circulation pump

Hello Carina,

Since I changed my fridge cooling to brushless and VESC CONTROLLER we had no pump breakdowns anymore. Now we use it in tropical conditions in the Caribbean and its still working fine.

You will need some kind of setup to switch the Motor on and of.

I use a microcontroller instead of the original Thermostat that regulates also the temperature control of fridge and freezer.

If u need help let me know

I am interested how you get on.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54

Martinique

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020, 04:34 CARINA HAMMARLUND <syultimo@...> wrote:

Thank you Olivier for sharing this info!
We have had lots of problems with the pumps during our 4 year sail in Pacific. Never lasting longer than 5-6 months, sometimes even shorter.

We just ordered the scooter motor and will try your set up!
--
Carina
SV Ultimo

--