Re: Victron Quattro charger/inverter installation

Scott SV Tengah

I believe for most, the Multiplus may be a money saver.

For me, I wanted to be able to set different current limits for the genset and shore power.

For shore power, I set it at 16A. This works 99% of the time. If the marina has 32A supply, I can change to 32A via ve-config software if I really need the additional current. There have been a few instances where I needed to lower it to 9A or less because I'm literally plugging into someone's house/restaurant.

For genset, I have the 11kw Onan, so that's set at 50A at all times.

With the Multiplus and its one AC input, you can't set differential limits. Getting the Quattro is probably overkill, but my desire is to minimize the number of things I need to remember to manage during the boat's operation.
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69