From: Stephen Davis <flyboyscd@...>
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Feb 7, 2020 10:20 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] rub rail insert

Hi Pat,

When we had our hull painted in Trinidad in 2016, it took 2 guys half an hour to remove both sides, and about an hour to re-install the old one after I had cleaned it up. I suspect the yard is bidding high because they don’t realize how easy the job is.

You will love the look of the paint when it’s done, and ours has held up well. We did the boot stripe in awlgrip desert sand, and in the 2 stripe style of a newer 54...It looks really nice.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72...On the hard in Hawaii