Re: A54 bow thruster directly to battery or through main switches?

Scott,

Yes, in other 54s there is are 24v cables +/- coming from the main switch. In this photo of an unmodified Amel 54 the positive cable from the switch to the Bow Thruster box in the bow is a black cable. You can barely see it. It is under the 110 A Alternator red cable. I believe that some of the 54 switches are wired differently. Please let me know if the photo below agrees with yours.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 3:59 PM Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:
As the title suggests, does the a54, wired as amel intended, place the bow thruster power wires directly to the battery or are those cables connected through the main battery switches?

We're having some intermittent issues with ours and trying to rule everything out. Thanks .
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69