Re: Adding Air Conditioning to '94 SM #117

Ian Townsend

You're pretty close with that figure Steve. Yes, it's a big job but not overly complicated. If I can do it, believe me, anyone can. Good luck! Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Bahamas

On Feb 8, 2020, at 7:47 PM, Steve Bode <Whatsup@...> wrote:

Hey, Bill & Ian!  Wow! This is great! I'm on my way. Here's my first pass at a budget, using online retailers. Figure add 20% for other items. Shipping, too. So, maybe $7,000?
Ian, how far off am I?

Parts needed & Notes
Three Units 1370 3 4,110
Pump     300
Bronze fittings     50
Hose     100
Fiberglass work     100
Ducting     100
New Through-hull?     300
Misc     100
      5,160
Need to build mounting plates

Need to run thermostat wires and mount thermostats

Need to check for through-hull for cooling water egress

Still, looks like a BIG project.

Kind Regards,

Steve Bode
Capt. SV Intention