Re: SM Prop Shaft Seal direction and Bushing

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi Everyone, Craig and Jose especially,

I'm preparing to service the prop shaft wear bushing and seals. Curious how your seal orientations have worked out. Is the oil in the reservoir staying clean and constant level?

Any chance there is now consensus among the community or from Amel on this? I'm planning to follow the "Shaft Bushing and Seals Replacement" procedure posted by Eric and Gary.

Haven't had any problems with my C-Drive or the oil. I don't know when it was last serviced but at least 2.5 years, probably more(!). I'm curious to see how they are oriented when I take them out. I'm inclined to reinstall them the same way given the good performance.

Does anyone have any new data or current recommendations regarding these three seals?

Thanks,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy - SM23
Opua, NZ