An easy way to decouple the C drive.

eric freedman

The first photo is how I disassembled the C drive apparatus. The Disk brake hub and the C drive are exactly the same diameter—almost a pres fit.Yours is different.

When you have it apart take the part that connects to a machine shop and have them remove a few thousands from the inside diameter. Being that you do not have a disk brake the tool might or might not need modification. It also might be easier to disconnect the C drive from the attached mechanisms.

The alignment device is a copy of the more intricate one used by Amel. It was not my design. With the disk brake the bolts holding the disk to the coupling could not be removed. I cut them off and replaced them with a piece of threaded rod and nylocks to keep the assembly tight. I just check the nuts every year , so far they are as tight as installed.

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact me as I Will be changing out my engine in April and will have even more info.

The PDF was from Olivier—

The disk is quite ugly and rusted. When I change out my engine , I am going to have one made of stainless steel.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376