Washing Machine Replacement for SM #160

Karen Smith

After 25 years of loyal service it is time to retire our clothes washer. Parts are very hard to get, and it’s positively geriatric...

Our SM has an older (1996, Hull 160) clothes washer install, with a front loading Kenwood EU-340 (also branded as an Eudora Goldkind EU 340) that is significantly smaller (shorter!) than the units used in later model SMs.

The space available is about 500 mm wide, 400 mm deep, and 800 mm high.  There are a few mm’s of squeeze there, but not many!

That height dimension is what’s driving us nuts… the Euro standard seems to be 856 mm in height, and that just won’t fit under our counter.

Anybody have a brand/model number for a suitable compact machine?  Front load/top load either works—if it fits!

Thank you in advance!
Karen Smith s/v Harmonie SM #160
Fort Lauderdale, Florida