From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Porter McRoberts via Groups.Io
Sent: 09 February 2020 12:14
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Paranoia about the D3-110 Volvo Penta - diesel bug

Paul  Where are you?

We used a professional fuel polisher person who came to the baot and with a pump and a bunch of filters.  He washed the tank with the fuel and filtered all the fuel and put back in the tank.  Tank and fuel was spotless afterwards.  It's a service available in many places.  That may be the way to go.

Porter A54-152

On Feb 9, 2020, at 11:00 AM, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Hi all,

My dip stick tells me I have a fairly thick coat of sludge at the bottom of the tank. I have just done a short but fairly rough passage, motor sailing, with 170 litres in the tank, and did not have any fuel problem. I have been aiming to get it as low as I can before figuring out how to clean the tank. Presumably I should suck out the remaining fuel – about 150 litres now – then use some combined mechanical/chemical means of cleaning the bottom. Not really sure how to go about that so any advice would be well appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98