Re: Washing Machine Replacement for SM #160

Stephen Davis

Hi Karen,

See the attached photo. We purchased it from Le Ship in Martinique in 2016. It cost way too much, but seems well built, and has a metal bar I can install for passages to lock the drum in place. We also installed a 1600w sine wave inverter under the Nav station to run the machine without running the generator when on the hook. It is not wired into the boat system, and we physically plug the washing machine into it when we want to use it. The inverter does not have enough watts to heat water, but works great on a cold cycle with very little drain from the batteries.

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
On the hard in Hawaii