Re: Amel 55 Steering Cable Information and Supplier

Every 55 I have seen has hydraulic steering...no cables...Like other things maybe some of the first 55s had cables, but I don't think so.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 11:47 AM Paul Stascavage via Groups.Io <pstas2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good day all.

A friend of ours and non forum member has an Amel 55 and needs to replace their steering cables. Amel told them the suppler is no longer available. I remember reading that owners were having trouble getting steering parts from Amel but I thought that was for older boats and I also thought Amel resolved that issue?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. They are currently in either the Grenadines or Grenada.

All the best.

Paul Stascavage
SM 466.
S/V Rita Kathryn