BOW THRUSTER

Bernd Spanner

Edited

Hi,

so finally my BT is back in again (SN). I had the impression that it has never had a overhaul since 25 years. But... amazingly all gears and bearings are still in excellent condition except the seals which were basically gone.
However, after everything was assembled again and connected to the motor, it worked perfectly up n down and more powerful left n right (with oil and not honey in the BT) but unfortunately after some tests the gear from the motor disconnected from the BT. Meaning Motor is turning but BT is dead. all screws are in and tight... I didnt have time to furthet investigate and will ne gone for a while now thinking about it...šŸ§
Anyone with the same experience or ideas?!
Also some pics attachedĀ
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal