Re: A54 bow thruster directly to battery or through main switches?

Sv Garulfo

Scott,

I am with Ruedi on that one. You may have voltage but a bad cable crimp connection may prevent current to flow. I you have a clamp amp meters, you can easily check current is within spec.
I would check that short cable.

Hope you’ll quickly find a solution.

Best

Thomas

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 06:35, Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,
Matt's input sounds familiar to me and it is worth to touch each and every cable inside and around the Sleipner BT.

I had a similar experience few month ago where the BT sometimes worked and sometimes not. I measured all cables with the Volt Meter and all the circuits showed me the Voltage as expected in working order. I was close to give up after tested all Voltages, also the BT-Motor including the brushes looked good. Then I started (with the Ohm-Meter) to measure  the residences on the cables which should be very low with that sizes of cables. I found a short cable who had a bit higher resistant.

But the connections looked good because the cable and cable-ring terminals where put together with shrink-tubes. I disconnected the cable and pulled on it and the ring-terminal came off. The result you can find on the pictures attached. The cable looked like welded OFF¨! New cables solved the problem.

Ruedi Waldispuehl
SV WASABI - Marina di Ragusa (Sicily)
AMEL 54 #55 (2007)