Re: BOW THRUSTER

I think you completely disassembled the BT. Yours may be old enough that it has locking pins for the larger gear. If so, did you miss these pins:
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 3:41 AM Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi,

so finally my BT is back in again (SN). I had the impression that it has never had a overhaul since 25 years. But... amazingly all gears and bearings are still in excellent condition except the seals which were basically gone.
However, after everything was assembled again and connected to the motor, it worked perfectly up n down and more powerful left n right (with oil and not honey in the BT) but unfortunately after some tests the gear from the motor disconnected from the BT. Meaning Motor is turning but BT is dead. all screws are in and tight... I didnt have time to furthet investigate and will ne gone for a while now thinking about it...🧐
Anyone with the same experience or ideas?!
Also some pics attached
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal