Re: A54: Cable length between main mast head and chart table

I believe that 25m is not correct.

On an SM, I replaced the B&G 213MHU Mount which comes with a choice of cable length. I bought the 25m length. It terminates in a junction box behind a panel on the aft bulkhead of the forward head on an SM. I had about 2m extra. I believe on a 54 you will need 25m for a B&G 213 MHU Mount, so certainly to go to the Nav Table, you'll need more than 25m.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:16 AM Sv Garulfo <svgarulfo@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know the precise length of cable required to go from the top of the main mast to the chart table through the standard conduit on the Amel 54? For instance for the VHF antenna cable.

I’m considering using an pre-crimped FME-terminated RG-8x VHF cable and I need to select the correct length.

A contact at Pochon said « probably » 25m and a trusted owner said maybe 28m.

Thanks
Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122