Re: Steering racks for SN, SM & 54

Aras

I too am looking forward to have the steering cables replaced for my Sharki

Aras
S/V Fiasco Sharki #163

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:25 PM smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Tom
It would be great to hear what Amel say about this
My 1985 Maramu has the Morse Commander 401
rack and pinion setup. Perhaps you have the same ?
I took the rack apart a year ago before an ocean passage and it all looked in great shape but I’d certainly consider this as a useful spare to have in the locker !

All the very best

Miles
#162 Maramu

On Sunday, February 9, 2020, 04:18:02 PM GMT, amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill
On the to do list 
Tom
Aphrodite 

On Feb 9, 2020, at 10:04 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Tom,

I am not sure. I believe that Maramus have the same rack. You should send an email to SAV"@"Amel.fr and ask. Please let me know at email below what they say.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 9:53 AM amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:
Good day Bill
I was wondering if Amel would have the racks for a 1983 Maramu # 125.
Barra De Navidad Mexico
200 miles to go for a circumnavigation !!
Thanks TOM Deasy 

On Feb 7, 2020, at 9:07 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

This is to notify you that SAV"at"Amel.fr will have the steering racks available to ship in a few weeks. I understand that they have them, and are currently testing the installation.

I would like to point out to everyone that this is really admirable on the part of Amel. When I contacted the US branch of the company that originally made these racks, there was not any desire on their part to make these discontinued racks available. I am not sure if Amel convinced them, or found someone else to make the racks, but in either case, Amel used their expertise and leverage to support owners with a discontinued manufacturer's part that Amel has not used since the last 54 was produced. Among boat builders, I believe this is remarkable. I know that Maud and Thierry were very supportive of all of us.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

--
Aras

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.