I too am looking forward to have the steering cables replaced for my Sharki

Aras
S/V Fiasco Sharki #163

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:25 PM smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Tom
It would be great to hear what Amel say about this
My 1985 Maramu has the Morse Commander 401
rack and pinion setup. Perhaps you have the same ?
I took the rack apart a year ago before an ocean passage and it all looked in great shape but I’d certainly consider this as a useful spare to have in the locker !

All the very best

Miles
#162 Maramu

On Sunday, February 9, 2020, 04:18:02 PM GMT, amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill
On the to do list
Tom
Aphrodite

On Feb 9, 2020, at 10:04 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Tom,

I am not sure. I believe that Maramus have the same rack. You should send an email to SAV"@"Amel.fr and ask. Please let me know at email below what they say.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 9:53 AM amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:
Good day Bill
I was wondering if Amel would have the racks for a 1983 Maramu # 125.
Barra De Navidad Mexico
200 miles to go for a circumnavigation !!
Thanks TOM Deasy

On Feb 7, 2020, at 9:07 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

This is to notify you that SAV"at"Amel.fr will have the steering racks available to ship in a few weeks. I understand that they have them, and are currently testing the installation.

I would like to point out to everyone that this is really admirable on the part of Amel. When I contacted the US branch of the company that originally made these racks, there was not any desire on their part to make these discontinued racks available. I am not sure if Amel convinced them, or found someone else to make the racks, but in either case, Amel used their expertise and leverage to support owners with a discontinued manufacturer's part that Amel has not used since the last 54 was produced. Among boat builders, I believe this is remarkable. I know that Maud and Thierry were very supportive of all of us.

Bill

--
Aras