Re: Recommended solar panel brand

Probably all of the poor performance and poor value solar panels are Chinese-made and not all Chinese-made is poor value.

Also, probably most of us have had experience with one brand, some of us two. Experience with one or two brands can't result in a reliable recommendation of one brand over all the others.

The technology and manufacturing process changes so quickly that what was great yesterday can be not so good today.

Be careful!

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020, 1:59 PM Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
We had good luck with Trina’s on our previous boat. Installing 3, SunPower 390’s, 1.7 X 1 meter, on the new boat. They make a 400 in same size, but we’ll save €110 for 30 watts less...... I’m good with that.

On Feb 10, 2020, at 1:44 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Some of the newer technologies offer better charging with lower angles of the sun. This is the reason for the primary difference in price. Also, flexible panels can run a lot more money. Of course, there are those manufacturers who like to have higher margins. So, it pays to look closely at the specs. We installed two LG panels and are very happy with the performance.

LG 315W Solar Panel LG315N1C-G4 Mono (33.2Vmp,9.5A 60 Cell) Black frame

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Galapagos

www.creampuff.us