Re: 220 volt exhaust blower replacement

JOHN HAYES

Hi Mike

I have 2 new 12 volt fans in my Santorin purchased in Wellington last year they were about nz$ 30 each and a common industrial type and performed well during 4 months in the pacific and are going well as we motor towards banks peninsula without any wind on our way to the Auckland islands

On the Santorin one fan sucks air in the other pushes it out through the port cockpit coaming

The 2 fans  move a significant volume of air

Best

John Hayes
Nga Waka
Sn 41

On 13/02/2020, at 2:56 PM, Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy) <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:

Hi Thomas, Bob and Suzanne, anyone else with advice here,

Did you find a suitable 220V fan that you are happy with? I need to install something to keep the engine room cool while generator, water maker, battery charger, etc. are running. Currently I leave the engine room cover open when I can, not a good set up.

Thomas, I like your idea of a less expensive industrial type fan. Did you find one that works? Can you recommend a brand, model, CFM rating?

I'm currently in New Zealand if anyone has any suggestions of where to look.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy - SM23
Opua, NZ