Re: Holding power of Mooring Ball required for hurricanes

Mark Erdos

Hi Dan,

We found most of the people in Curacao had no plans to head west after the season during our 6 month stay living aboard in the ABCs. They took full advantage of the Nov-Dec SE winds to sail the 500 miles (3-4 days) to the Virgin Islands on a beam reach positioning themselves for another loop through the eastern Caribbean.

In addition, I think I should mention the safety precautions a boat needs to take in order to passage to Trinidad.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Galapagos

www.creampuff.us