toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I have recently been through this process with a new installation.
You may find that the c drive mounts have sagged from the original position just a few mm as the c drive is in 2 sections. Your engine mounts have probably sagged as well.
I would begin with the current drive mounts and then the engine mounts. I gave everything a really good clean up with the engine lifted.
On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 at 2:06 am, Alan "Woody" Wood
I've got a few jobs that require decoupling the Vetus from the engine block:
- Changing engine mounts
- Changing the Vetus rubber coupling parts
- Replacing an oil seal/gasket on the flywheel bell housing (it's very leaky!).
I've trawled the threads and got a fair idea of what to do for the most part (I think!), so thanks to all who contributed, but still have a few questions:
- What engine mounts are used on SM 97's with a TMD 22 engine - there seems to be plenty of discussion on the subject but no definitive answer?
- How exactly does the alignment tool (designed by Eric Freedman I think) work in practice?
- There is a bit of discussion about 'the trick' to avoid cutting the heads off the coupling bolts - how does this work in practice?
Anything else you think I should consider while it's all apart? I have the added complication of a prop alternator fitted to the shaft by the way :/
Thanks in advance!