Re: Carrying Tender on Davits while crossing

Jamie Wendell

I have always carried my Apex HD (hypalon) 3.1-meter dinghy on the davits during crossing and have never had a problem (always stored the motor separately on the railing). I have custom davits that are very high, so if I get a wave high enough to hit or fill the dinghy I will have far greater concerns......?
Since the Apex is now nearly 8 years old, I have ordered a new (slightly larger) Highfield CL340. This time, I will be keeping the motor on the dinghy.
I have my fingers crossed it will all work out when I get it in May.
Jamie
Phantom A54 #44