Re: Carrying Tender on Davits while crossing

Mohammad Shirloo

Thanks Jamie.

Keep in mind that the CL340 (same length as our current Zodiac) is wider than the stern and therefore does create issues when leaving the dock when docked stern to in tight quarters in strong cross winds. As an example, if you have a sail boat of similar or smaller size docked next to you, the bow on the dinghy will be at the same height as the life lines of that boat and as you leave dock, in a strong cross wind, the bow of the dinghy may catch the stanchions of the boat next to you.

This obviously mainly applies to the Med where you mostly dock stern to. However, the advantages of the CL340 seem to far outweigh the downsides and this is where we are leaning.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099