I have experimented with several tenders (5 in total over 2 years) including 2 HIGHFIELDS and finally settled on a OCT (Offshore Cruising Tender – made in NEW ZEALAND) 350. Extremely happy with this tender. Very light (48 kg) – lighter than the HIGHFIELD(s); high freeboard – no water coming in at all. Besides fitting on the sundeck for limited time when making a really large crossing I have it in the davits. My main considerations were: A) No water coming in or wet butt when sitting on the side; B) Comfortable ride; C) Easy to handle when beached during low tide etc.

I might see you this week for coffee and we can discuss in detail.

Best Regards Teun

February 17, 2020 07:46:11

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mohammad Shirloo via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2020 16:55
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Carrying Tender on Davits while crossing

Hi all;

We are in the process of selecting a new tender. We are considering the Highfield CL310 or CL340. I would appreciate input on the following issues:

  1. Opinions on the Highfield line of tenders. Good or bad.
  2. The CL310 seems to be a bit short and the bow may not sit firmly on the Davit when pulled up. The CL340 works great but will be wider the transom creating issues in tight docking quarters. What is the shortest length used by A54 owners with success?
  3. Can some one provide a measurement from the back of the mizzenmast to the mizzen traveler? I’d like to see which tender would fit on the aft sundeck.
  4. Opinions on carrying the tender deflated, pulled up and firmly lashed to the Davits during crossings? I’m concerned about following seas and waves hitting the tender and placing a substantial force on the Davits.
  5. PVC or Hypalon? There is about a 2000 Euro upcharge for Hypalon.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099