Re: Carrying Tender on Davits while crossing

Joerg Esdorn

Hi Mohammad, I have the CL 340 in Hypalon and it's in good shape after 4 seasons in the Med.  The French dealer in La Rochelle convinced me that Hypalon is the way to go for the Med/Caribbean.   I have the Amel provided davits on the 55 but I have some custom brackets which fixate the dinghy very well - no sliding or other movement whatsoever.  see pics.  For passages, I put on a cover to prevent a wave from filling the dinghy and I've not had any problems.  For offshore passages with a chance of serious gales, like a Transatlantic West to East, however, I would put the dinghy on the aft deck and the engine in the aft locker.   For one, I don't think I could deploy a drogue with the dinghy hanging from the davits.

I hope this helps.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem