Re: Carrying Tender on Davits while crossing

Joerg,

That is an ingenious modification to the Simpson Davits. However, I noticed that the outboard motor is actually "inboard." Can you tell me the model and HP of this motor? Also, I assume that to raise the dinghy and outboard on the davits, you first have to reverse the outboard on the dinghy transom?

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 10:31 AM Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Mohammad, I have the CL 340 in Hypalon and it's in good shape after 4 seasons in the Med.  The French dealer in La Rochelle convinced me that Hypalon is the way to go for the Med/Caribbean.   I have the Amel provided davits on the 55 but I have some custom brackets which fixate the dinghy very well - no sliding or other movement whatsoever.  see pics.  For passages, I put on a cover to prevent a wave from filling the dinghy and I've not had any problems.  For offshore passages with a chance of serious gales, like a Transatlantic West to East, however, I would put the dinghy on the aft deck and the engine in the aft locker.   For one, I don't think I could deploy a drogue with the dinghy hanging from the davits.

I hope this helps.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem