Re: Carrying Tender on Davits while crossing

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Joerg;

Thanks for the photos. Definitely a nice improvement to the Davits. The Davits on the 55 are closer spaced than the 54 and I believe are parallel and not at an angle like the 54. I think you could have carried either the 310 or the 340. I think the 310 on the 54 is problematic.

A few questions, if you don’t mind;

  1. How’s the ride on the CL340 and what size outboard?
  2. Can you plane with 4 people and some gear?
  3. What options would you recommend on the highfield?
  4. What issues, if any, have you had and what would you different?
  5. Do you have enough room between the mizzen and the mizzen traveler to store the 340 on deck or do you lash it to one side?

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099