Re: Are Amel boats quiet?

Germain Jean-Pierre

Mine has squeaks and creeks... it’s a boat!

However comparing a Lagoon catamoron to an Amel is carp.

:-).

On 18/02/2020, at 3:27 PM, Ruslan Osmonov <rosmonov@...> wrote:

Hi, could you please let me know if Amel boats, SM specifically, are quiet boats? I’ve chartered Lagoon catamaran last week and it was a noise generating machine at anchorage and during passages.
They wrap standing rigging with plastic tubes and when wind blows above 10 knots those tubes start to vibrate and transfer noise to rigging and then hulls. When you are in a cabin it feels like airplane propeller right next to you. I was very surprised when I realized where the noise is coming from.
Also during sailing and at rolly anchorages boat flexed and squeaked a lot. I was not expecting so much squeaking from a 2 year old boat.
I know Amel’s are a different class of a boat and build quality, but would like to confirm  from this group what to expect. I’ve read marketing materials that bulkheads are glasses to hull and this eliminates squeaking, but what about all the other parts (floorboards, cabinets, etc)? Could you let me know how quiet Amel’s are and what to expect?

Thanks in advance for your help.