From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott SV Tengah
Sent: 17 February 2020 20:35
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Recommended solar panel brand

David,

I have experience with LG Neon2 320w panels and that's it. I have 3 of them wired IN PARALLEL on my aft custom arch and run through a Victron BlueSolar MPPT into Victron LiFePO4 batteries and have averaged around 200-225 amp hours a day of production. I'm pretty happy with them.

I know I sound like a lithium preacher, but consider lithium if you don't have it. I believe it's Porter McRoberts who has a similar solar setup as me but outputs far less because his AGM(?) batteries can't take full charging current at high states of charge. And when you add in 25-30% charging inefficiency for lead vs. 2-3% for lifepo4, my 960w array would be the equivalent to a 720w array if I had AGM/Gel/Flooded Lead.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69

--