Size of main anchor for Super Maramu

Stephen Nicholson

Hello everyone,
I am about to purchase a new Mantus 47 kg (105lb) galvanised anchor for my Super Maramu, which is the same size as that on SvDelos, but quite large for an SM which seem to usually have anchors around 30kg. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find out how Delos have got on with it, but most experienced sailors say it is better to go bigger for the extra security.  With an all chain rode, 10mm I think, am I putting too much strain on the windlass on a daily basis? I would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
Steve Nicholson
SM Antigua II #89