Re: Lock downs on floor boards

JP, Ken, et al

None of the other hundred or more SMs that I have been aboard had PERKO latches. Perco is a Florida company. If anyone is interested in the latches shown in the photos that were added to this SM, here is the contact information:
Perko Inc.
16490 Northwest 13th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33169-5707
305.621.7525 [Phone]

I am not sure where in Europe Amel sourced the latches that Amel optionally installed on SMs. Regarding the installation of floor latches/locks, I have always believed that having the floor hatches locked in case of a roll inverting the boat would be the least of my worries. That said, BeBe SM 387 had Amel installed latches and they were not Perko.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 1:20 PM Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hi Gang,

Our friends Ken and Zeville on SM2K Aquarius sent us this. Their floor boards were built like this at the factory

Cheers

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>
Date: 20 February 2020 at 5:20:16 AM NZDT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re:  [AmelYachtOwners] Lock downs on floor boards

Here are photos of the Lock Downs on Aquarius.

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K #262