Re: Headliner fix

The reason earlier model Amels had sagging headliner was that after about 15 years the foam backing on the vinyl disintegrated. The glue was attached to the foam.

The best way to repair this is to remove all of the old and then glue new foam-backed vinyl in place. Hint: in some cases you will be able to use the old vinyl as a pattern. This is a difficult and tedious process. Experience and patience are two important tools.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020, 11:24 PM Chip Beaman <chipfrog128@...> wrote:
A 1982 Maramu in low humidity area, headliner sagging.  The fix, cover the inside cabin overhead along with the sagging headliner with painted plywood.
It looks nice, but my question is-

If the boat goes to an area with higher humidity, would mold be a concern between the plywood, old headliner and cabin top????

I think it would be, but I don’t know that for fact.  If you have any experience with this please pipe in.

Thank you
Chip Beaman
Future Amel Owner