Re: Converting my Amel 54 to lithium batteries: what I did, what I like and what I don't like (after one year of full time live aboard use)

Jamie Wendell

Scott, a lot of great comments and thanks for being so detailed. That really helps us all out here in Amel land - learn from other's mistakes (er. success I mean)?

My approach is to do the breaker allocation thing as a test to see what runs and what doesn't before I "permanently" split the AC bus - just a matter of moving a few wires really, so no big deal.
And you are right, I just read up on the Mastervolt USB issue, and I will be adding the converter as well, so that I can plug in my laptop to do the programming for the alternator.

I just ordered all my parts through Battle Born - thanks to Bill Rouse for that assistance. My contractor and I are both going to be winners now!!

Oh, and regarding the load issues, the good thing (to me) about having dual Multis is that I can always parallel them if I need the extra oomph. We shall see - all it would take is some bigger wires. Sounds easy, right?

I will keep all informed as I get this Lithium deal installed and up and running.

Best to you and Mia.
Jamie
Phantom A54 #44