Re: Converting my Amel 54 to lithium batteries: what I did, what I like and what I don't like (after one year of full time live aboard use)

Jamie Wendell

And Scott, one more thing. Thanks for that suggestion about having a backup 12-volt starting battery. I have never had a problem, but as they say, never say never.

I might add that I will be trying to sell off my existing batteries, which are Firefly batteries. I installed them after my earlier 2016 battery compartment explosion, and they have been good. The problem I have found is that the voltage drops off and shuts down many of my critical systems (like refrigeration) and kills my pump.

I probably have too much "stuff" to avoid that problem, and I also feel that it is critical that you equalize batteries in series to make 24 volts - I have been remiss there.
And I do have solar panels (about 750 watts) and a wind generator.

Anyone interested in 10 Fireflys?

Jamie
Phantom A54 #44