A55: fresh water pump system

Stuart Hemingway <stuart@...>

Bill ,

Being a newcomer to the Amel Yacht Owners Group I am not sure yet how to post a question and so I hope you don’t mind uf I address it to you.

We have a lack of pressure in the two bathrooms and the fresh water pump runs continuously except when turned off on tbe 24v board.

There seems to be plenty of pressure on the transom shower.

Might there be a filter in the pump or a pressure switch at fault?

Stuart

Stuart Hemingway AA Dipl DMS RIBA

Symbiotic Relationships Ltd.,

 Grove Park Studios,

188-192 Sutton court Road,

Chiswick,

London,

W4 3HR

Telephone

From the UK  :    001 561 371 2321

From the US  :    561 371 2321

E . Studio@...

W. www.groveparkstudios.co.uk.

On 22 Feb 2020, at 11:50, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Chip,

I normally say something like, "trust the original design." But, "trust" is what got us to this point. I think Henri Amel trusted the polyfoam manufacturers to deliver a good product to the vinyl covering manufacturer. And, I believe that Henri Amel trusted the polyfoam backing on the headliner to last a lot longer, but so did most automobile manufacturers at the same time period.

I really do not have the kind of thermal engineering background to be sure that the following comments are 100% correct, but I believe they are:
An Amel is an unusually dry boat, however, one can change the original design and unintentionally create barriers that aid/cause moisture to form from condensation because of a difference in temperature. This is sometimes inadvertently done by modifying refrigeration or air conditioning, and I assume could be done by adding a non-breathing barrier to the ceiling where the outside temperature and inside temperature can merge to create condensation. I believe that I am correct when I say that most boat builders use materials that breathe in these situations (including the foam layer on the backside of the vinyl in an Amel).

I suggest recovering the ceiling with a foam-backed vinyl from a "trusted source."

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 9:17 AM Chip Beaman <chip@...> wrote:
Thank you Bill, I have read and spoke to folks about the daunting task of headliner replacement. To do it right, replacing the headliner is the right thing to do, I guess, that’s what I am trying to find out. The current owner did a fantastic job covering it and I love the look of it. My great concern, is mold growth in areas of higher humidity. Mold mitigation strategies are a given, regardless of the current liner solution. I just don’t know if it is a bridge to far to expect normal processes to keep mold from growing between the old liner and the covering material (painted plywood)???????
Thank you Sir for all you do.

Chip
Future Amel Owner