Re: A55: fresh water pump system

Stuart Hemingway <stuart@...>

Yes, the lack of flow is caused by a lack of sufficient pressure. In my experience, the lack of pressure can be caused by:

  1. An open tap

No

  1. A break in the freshwater circuit

No

  1. A defective solenoid rinse valve on the water maker

Don’t believe so, how to check

  1. Defective solenoid flush valves on any toilet

No

  1. Defective anchor wash valve on the anchor wash (freshwater option)

No

  1. A defective impeller in the freshwater pump. (this pump has a metal impeller)

Recently checked by Amel Caraibe and found to be good

  1. A broken key securing the impeller to the shaft

Above

  1. A defective one-way valve

We have looked at this and it appears to be functioning as it should, it closes when you suck / blow

  1. Debris in the one-way valve

As above

  1. Defective or out of adjustment Pressure Switch

How to check

1 - 5 will result in a loss of freshwater.

It doesn’t look like these

6 & 7 will probably result in zero pressure and no loss of freshwater

Or these

8 & 9 can result in no pressure to partial pressure with no loss of freshwater

The aluminium sleeve / raising piece that connected the fresh water tank guage to the tank disintegrated Amel Caraibe replaced this with a plastic piece. We have done our best to remove the debris but it is possible that there was some remaining.

10 will probably not be your issue because you said the pump is running constantly with insufficient pressure

How is that adjusted please. The pressure was showing at 1.6 bar this morning whereas we understand that we require 1.8 / 2 bar.

Stuart, the reason I did not go into detail in my first response is that you did not mention any loss of freshwater. The accumulator tank allows your freshwater pump to cycle less and have longer non-running periods. The tank allows for the accumulation of water pressure because of an expandable internal bladder which is supported by air pressure on one side. If/when the internal bladder fails or air pressure supporting the bladder reduces, the pump will cycle more often.

Really appreciated Bill, we still need to find a cycle pump and try to pump the bladder up