I took my davits as baggage on a flight from NZ to Ft Lauderdale so I wouldn't think the bumper would be a problem. It doesn't need to be in a suitcase, I just wrapped the dismantled davits.

Regards

Danny

On 26 February 2020 at 02:32 "Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io" <sailw32@...> wrote:

Danny, I was only sort of joking when I wrote back to Gary,a couple of hours ago, but since then we are really considering a vacation to France . We could save enough on shipping to pay for airfare ,about $850. r/t each in May .See Paris ,Normandy and La Rochelle and the Amel plant. Might need a third suitcase,I need a new bumper also ,plus missc. parts.Its a crazy idea ,but given the cost of shipping ,makes sense. Just need to determine weight and if one could fit into a large suitcase.
Pat
SM 123

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...>
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Feb 24, 2020 8:11 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Rub Rail insert

Pat, I am sure you will enjoy La Rochelle regardless of how much transport you save. Count that a bonus. And then you get to see the Amel facility. The waterfront is a huge line of waterfront restaurants. The market in the old town is amazing. We stayed air bnb and walked down for our cafe sidewalk breakfasts. Life like it should be lived.
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 25 February 2020 at 12:17 "Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io" <sailw32@...> wrote:

Danny, Diane is already checking flights and fares. $1800 buys a lot of airfare, even with the extra baggage fees. I wish I knew what they approx. weigh , thinking about 50 lbs. per side , too bad Maud cannot provide any shipping info.
Thanks,
Pat