Re: Bottom paint removal problem

Miles

Hi Mark,

I used a chemical paint remover and it worked well.  I don’t recall which product I used.  Practical Sailor  has done thorough comparison tests of the various products.  There are contractors around NEB (now Safe Harbor) who will do it.   This method will, of course, not hurt the outer gel coat and the Amel water barrier.  I remember being surprised at the amount and the weight of the paint that came off.  They had to apply the stuff several times to get all of the paint off.

Regards,

Miles  s/y Ladybug, Le Marin. Martinique