Re: Flowjet refrigeration pumps overhaul

Porter McRoberts

What I didn’t make clear in previous text was that the 3x12.00$ pump relays effectively replaces the expensive and unreliable frigoboat pump controller. So a good, reliable and inexpensive option to have on hand.
Porter
Ibis A54-152

On Feb 25, 2020, at 2:44 PM, Porter McRoberts via Groups.Io <portermcroberts@...> wrote:

On this issue.
Had a long conversation with Rob at Costal CLimate.  As usual, a very knowledgeable guy.
His thoughts.  Flojets are super reliable, AS long as they aren't drawing a lot of current, i.e. sucking hard against resistance, or pushing against resistance.

Often a change in pitch denotes strain, I’ve definitely been guilty of letting that go… and with in a short time, at least with my experience, the pump then fails, and off to either the junk yard, or later a take apart.  So now I’ll check amp meter if >1.2 amps check the flow and make sure the water paths are unobstructed.

Also… they tell me the frigoboat pump controller is very unreliable, as we've noted on the forum.

and 2 24 v pumps as it would have to wired to the 24v bus.

Just some thoughts…

Porter

A54-152

On Feb 25, 2020, at 10:29 AM, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Thanks Jamie. Yes I have been following this thread about alternatives and wait in anticipation! I have not heard about anyone successfully refurbishing the flowjet.

Cheers,
Paul
S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada